Whitefish Community Foundation awarded $41,880 to 13 Flathead Valley nonprofit organizations during the 2021 Fall Community Grant cycle. Grants were awarded to the following organizations:
- Big Mountain Commercial Association: $3,000 to support Saturday on-demand Mountain Climber service in Whitefish and a connected commuter route between Kalispell and Whitefish
- Children’s House Montessori School: $3,000 to support hardship and income-based scholarships to families
- Climate Smart Glacier Country: $3,000 to support zero waste projects, smoke mitigation strategies, and community engagement
- Code Girls United: $4,000 to support online coding program for girls
- Glacier Hockey Association: $4,000 to support youth hockey programs
- Glacier Institute: $4,000 to support youth outdoor education programs
- Good Grief Group: $4,000 to support youth grief camps
- Kalispell Contemporary Art Center: $1,470 to purchase new pottery wheels to expand capacity of ceramics program
- Montana Wild Wings Recovery Center: $3,000 to support raptor rehabilitation and education programs
- Northwest Montana Community Land Trust: $4,000 to expand portfolio of properties in Columbia Falls
- Riding on Insulin: $2,000 to support ski/snowboard camp for kids/teens with Type I diabetes
- The Patrol Fund: $4,000 to support avalanche wireless beacon training
- Whitefish Community School: $2,410 to support Second Step social emotional curriculum for pre-school students
To be eligible to apply for a Community Grant, organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity or publicly-owned tax-exempt corporation, a 501(c)(4) service organization, or a 501(c)(6) trade organization presenting a project or program that serves a charitable purpose in our community;
- Provide a program or service that benefits residents of the Flathead Valley or Eureka;
- Provide proof of current tax-exempt status at the time of application.
Two Community Grant cycles are offered each year, and organizations can apply annually for up to $4,000. Since 2000, Whitefish Community Foundation has awarded $2.24 million in Community Grants to local nonprofit organizations. This year, 30 organizations received $98,174 in Community Grant funding.
For more information about the Community Grant Program and application process, visit whitefishcommunityfoundation.org/community-grant-programs or call (406) 863-1781.