A CHARITABLE GIVING CAMPAIGN
August 5 to September 17, 2021
INCENTIVE #1 – the biggest catch
EACH WEEK, ONE NONPROFIT WILL WIN A $500 INCENTIVE GRANT FOR HAVING THE MOST UNIQUE DONORS. THE INCENTIVE PERIOD RUNS FROM FRIDAY TO THURSDAY ENDING AT midnight, EACH WEEK DURING THE CAMPAIGN. OUR BUSINESS SPONSORS WILL PRESENT A CHECK TO THE WINNING NONPROFIT.
$2,000 in additional matching grants awarded at the August 5th Launch Event: Glacier Bank, downtown Whitefish from 5 to 7 p.m.
Sponsored by Whitefish Community Foundation
Nonprofit with the most unique donors August 6 to August 12.
First Interstate Bank
Winner: Nate Chute Foundation
Nonprofit with the most unique donors August 13 to August 19.
Park Side Credit Union
Winner: Montana Children’s Medical Center Foundation
Nonprofit with the most unique donors August 20 to August 26.
Winner: Project Whitefish Kids
Nonprofit with the most unique donors August 27 to September 2.
Glacier Payment Systems
Winner: Foy’s to Blacktail Trails
Nonprofit with the most unique donors September 3 to September 9.
Big Sky IV CARE
Winner: Sparrow’s Nest of NW Montana
Nonprofit with the most unique donors September 10 to September 16 .
Underscore Art and Jewelry
Winner: Whitefish Legacy Partners
Nonprofit with the most unique donors September 17 – The Last Day to Give!
Winner: Abbie Shelter
Nonprofit with the most unique donors throughout the challenge, august 5 to september 17, wins $1,000!
Winner: Nate Chute Foundation
INCENTIVE #2 – pop-up donation station drawings
TWICE EACH WEEK, we will offer a $250 incentive grant at the POP-up Donation Stations.
Individuals who drop off a donation at a pop-up donation station will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win $250 for the participating nonprofit of their choice. A $250 Incentive Grant will be awarded from each pop-up location. Only one entry per household during the campaign. Watch for pop-up locations and times to drop off your donation in person.
- Donor Nancy Easely – Foy’s to Blacktail Trails
- Donor Dustin Leftridge – Flathead Rapids Youth Soccer
- Donor Mark Galbraith – Flathead Rapids Youth Soccer
- Donor Kelly Bruce – Ravenwood Outdoor Learning Center
- Donor Jill Rocksund – Whitefish School District Education Foundation
- Donor Mandy Anderson – Boys & Girls Club of Glacier Country
- Donors Kristin and Randy Zuckerman – Whitefish Theatre Co.
- Donor Tom Courtney – Lighthouse Christian Home & Services
- Donor Marta Daehn – Glacier Symphony & Chorale
- Donor Sonja Burgard – Hockaday Museum of Art
great fish on air instant grant drawings
Online and in-person gifts made during the Great Fish Radiothon on Friday, Sept. 10th on KGEZ Radio from 7:20 a.m. to 1 p.m. were entered into drawings for a chance to win one of twelve $250 incentive grants for the participating nonprofit designated by the donor.
And the winners are…
1. Donor Brant Horn – Flathead Warming Center
2. Donor Smile Montana Dental – Glacier Skate Academy
3. Donor Shane Barfoot – The Nurturing Center
4. Donor Jenny Kelly – Stumptown Art Studio
5. Donor Loraine Measure – Abbie Shelter
6. Donor Betsy Bayne – Gateway to Glacier Trail
7. Donor Dean Robbins – Sparrow’s Nest of NW Montana
8. Donor Pam Evert – Intermountain Children’s Services
9. Glacier Bank – Montana Conservation Corps
10. Donors Richard and Suzanne Hildner – Whitefish Theatre Co.
11. Donors Chip and Kate Andrews – Flathead Food Bank
12. Donor Lori Hines – ImagineIF Library Foundation
special awards TO BE PRESENTED OCTOBER 18TH
AT THE GREAT FISH AWARDS event
Russ and Mary Jane Street Community Service
Doris Schumm Community Service
Great Fish Award
Presented annually to a nonprofit organization that participated in the Great Fish Community Challenge with commitment, enthusiasm and creativity while showing strong support for the Challenge and Fun Run.
Jean Howard Memorial
Connie Heckathorn - Cheers for Volunteers
Corporate Citizenship Award
The Corporate Citizenship Award is given each year to a local business that does an outstanding job promoting employee giving during the Challenge. The award recipient will win $2,500 for the nonprofit of their choice.
Whitefish Community Foundation staff will choose nonprofits to receive the following $500 Incentive Grants:
Finest Fishing: Awarded to a nonprofit that demonstrates outstanding, collaborative marketing throughout the Challenge.
Fish Teamwork: Awarded to a nonprofit that goes above and beyond to help Whitefish Community Foundation put on a successful Challenge.
New Fish on the Block: Awarded to a standout, first-time Challenge participant.
Upstream Award: Awarded to a nonprofit that exhibits extraordinary leadership in bringing their organization to a new level.
Most Improved Fishing: Awarded to a nonprofit that has shown significant improvements in donor outreach, marketing, and collaborative participation in the Challenge.
Stay in Touch
To see your donations hard at work. Get the latest updates.