the Kids Fund
GIVING VOICE TO CHILDREN
Whitefish Community Foundation’s Kids Fund Program supports small and large-scale programs in the areas of health, safety, and education that mitigate challenges and prevent local youth from becoming homeless. Watch the short video below to learn how the Kids Fund is making a difference in the lives of Flathead Valley children and teens.
The Kids Fund Program works with nonprofits and community partners to fund programs that:
- Provide advocacy based on identified needs for our most vulnerable youth
- Increase access to educational opportunities, tutoring, growth, and graduation, and employment assistance with job skills training
- Work to prevent youth homelessness by providing effective tools for prevention and direction toward stable housing
- Meet the basic needs of our youth by providing access to food, clothing, hygiene, and laundry facilities
In 2021, The Kids Fund awarded a multi-year grant for $100,000 to Boys & Girls Club of Glacier Country to support after-school programming for more than 75 K-8 students in the Evergreen School District. Trained Boys & Girls Club staff members will lead students through various educational projects designed to instill healthy habits, build life skills, and cultivate leadership traits. The children who will participate in the program have been identified by teachers and school counselors as having the greatest need for the services provided by Boys & Girls Club.
In 2022, The Kids Fund awarded a $36,000 grant to Flathead Youth Home to support the creation of a new Youth Advocate position. The Youth Advocate will work with each resident of Flathead Youth Home to develop short and long-term goals and navigate opportunities to help ensure personal success into adulthood. The new position will allow the organization to provide ongoing support and guidance to youth for up to six months after they leave the facility.
2022 KIDS FUND: One-Time Grants and Multi-year Grant Requests
Kids Fund applying organizations:
1. Currently serve homeless youth, or youth at-risk of becoming homeless in Flathead County.
2. Are requesting one-time grants up to $50,000, with the possibility of renewable grants, depending on the scale and needs of the program.
How to Donate to the Kids Fund
Send a check payable to
Whitefish Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1060
Whitefish, MT 59937
Gifts of appreciated securities, IRA rollovers, and gifts from Foundations and Donor Advised Funds can be made by calling Whitefish Community Foundation. Contact Linda Engh-Grady for more information at 406-863-1781 or email email@example.com.
Stay in Touch
To see your donations hard at work. Get the latest updates.